Do you notice if you Google “washi tape”, be it text or images, you must have come across masking tape?
It looks like most people are talking about their adhesive tapes.
Other than the company’s own marketing efforts such as having exhibitions in different places, the internet plays a huge role in my opinion. Nowadays, if you want to look for something, you just search online and all the information will be there for you to compare, to check prices, and to see how it works until information overload.
And thanks to the internet, crafters, bloggers, stationery enthusiasts and many others generously share their eye-catching washi tape projects such as this on Pinterest, you will figure out why it is popular!
It’s easy to use even if you are not into drawing or don’t know how to draw. You can use masking tape to jazz up basically anything and not just paper. What about desk edge?
The other reason is because the designs are colorful, attractive, cute and simply beautiful. For those who are always on the lookout for pretty stuff, it’s hard not to look at these little gorgeous tapes!
Below is a list of 16 reasons as to why you should give it a try:
• Acid free – great for keeping scrapbook pages and photographs
• Semi-transparent – layer different washi tapes to create new looks
• Easy to tear by hand
• Stick on most surfaces
• Repositionable and removable – easy to position and remove
• Strong glue but not sticky nor messy
• Write on tape
• Use for home décor, office, party decorations, wedding decorations
• Heat resistant – some use it to dress up the switches, cables, plugs, laptops, keyboard
• Basic waterproof function
• Produced at an ISO14001-certified plant
• Meet the requirements of the Food Sanitation Law of Japan
• Effortless to use for beginner crafters
• Easy to open packaging
• Last but not least, washi tape has also received numerous awards in different countries.
Post time: Oct-27-2021